Various hazardous side effects in pregnant women have been linked to Zoloft including withdrawl, birth defects, septal (heart) defects, persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN) and many more.
Free Confidential Case Review: If you or a loved one has been injured by Zoloft, you should contact us as soon as possible for a free confidential review of your potential case.
Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN)
A recent case-study has revealed that infants born to mothers who take SSRIs, such as Zoloft, are 6 times more likely to have PPHN than infants who were not exposed to antidepressants during pregnancy after the completion of the 20th week of gestation.
Congenital Heart Defects
A different study found an increased heart defect risk for infants of women who took an SSRI. Additionally, the study showed that the risk was more than three times higher with Zoloft and was almost five times higher when mixed with another SSRI.
Known Zoloft Side Effects
When taken during pregnancy, Zoloft is linked to a variety of extremely severe heart and lung birth defects including:
- Atrial Septal Defects (ASD) – also known as ‘hole in the heart’ defects
- Ventral Septal Defects (VSD) – hole in the heart wall
- Valve Problems – malformed or stuck and won’t close
- Tricuspid Valve (Ebstein’s Anomaly)
- Mitral Valve
- Transposition of the Great Arteries / Vessels
- Tetralogy of the Fallot
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS)
- Hypoplastic Right Heart Syndrome (HRHS)
- Tricuspid Atresia
- Aortic Stenosis
- Pulmonary Atresia
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Truncus Arteriosus
- Tricuspid Valve Stenosis
- Heart Murmur
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn (PPHN)
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Craniosynostosis – cranial skull defect
- Omphalocele – abdominal wall defect
- Gastroschisis – abdominal wall defect
- Esophageal Stenosis
- Club Foot
- Anal Atresia
- Spina Bifida
We’re Here To Help – Contact a Zoloft Attorney Today
The Zoloft Litigation Group at our law firm includes some of America’s most passionate, accomplished and skilled trial lawyers. When choosing our firm to represent you in your potential Zoloft claim, you will not only gain access to a level of professional legal representation previously available only to large corporations, but also to an exceptional level of personal attention and customer service from compassionate trial lawyers found at no other law firm.
We are handling individual lawsuits nationwide and currently accepting new Zoloft cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by Zoloft, you should contact us as soon as possible for a free confidential review of your potential case.